Before you Call for Air Conditioning Service
Need Service? We're always happy to help...but here are a few simple fixes that just might save you some time and money!
- The switch on your thermostat should be in the appropriate “Cooling” position. To be certain it is set correctly, switch it “OFF” then back to the desired setting.
- If you have a digital thermostat, change the batteries
- Set the temperature on your air conditioning thermostat a few degrees lower than the current room temperature, wait a few minutes to see if the system responds to the action the thermostat has requested.
- Check your Emergency Switch to be sure it’s in the “ON” position. The plate for this switch, located near your equipment, is typically red in color.
- Locate the circuit breaker for your system. Physically switch the breaker to the “OFF” position and then back “ON”. A circuit breaker can “trip” and appear to be “ON” when in reality it is not!
- Try to remember when you last changed your filter was.
- Can't change your filter? Call us...
- Has anyone opened the 'door' to the furnace or air handler? Be sure it's closed securely
- If not, attempt to close it.
- Still need service? We're glad to help!
Contact Us 800.287.6651
Bornstein Sons, Inc. since 1928
Site Design Bonnie B, LLC