Before you Call for Heating Service
Bornstei/=n Sons offers complete Heating Repair Services
for residential, commercial and industrial locations.
Before you call for heating service...
We're always happy to schedule heating service or a heating repair service call for you, and likely at a time of your convenience...
Sometimes, however, particularly during peak heating season days or those freezing cold winter nights, we find a simple fix that often you,can resolve easily to save you the frustration of being without heating needlessly.
If possible, please check the following...
- The switch on your thermostat should be in the appropriate “Heat” position. To be certain it is set correctly, switch it “OFF” then back to the desired setting.
- If you have a digital thermostat, change your batteries
- Set the temperature on your heating thermostat a few degrees higher than the current room temperature, wait a few minutes to see if the system responds to the action the thermostat has requested.
- Check your Emergency Switch to be sure it’s in the “ON” position. The plate for this switch, located near your equipment, is typically red in color.
- Locate the circuit breaker for your system. Physically switch the breaker to the “OFF” position and then back “ON”. A circuit breaker can “trip” and appear to be “ON” when in reality it is not!
- Try to remember when you last changed your filter was, if you have a ducted system. Can't change your filter? Call us...
- Has anyone opened the 'door' to the furnace? Be sure it's closed securely
For service calls that require prompt attention,
Please call our office directly
Contact Us 800.287.6651
Bornstein Sons, Inc. since 1928
Site Design Bonnie B, LLC