Bornstein Sons offers complete Heating Repair Services
for residential, commercial and industrial locations.
Before We Dispatch A Technician
We're always happy to schedule heating service or a heating repair service call for you, and likely at a time of your convenience...
Sometimes, however, particularly during peak heating season days or those freezing cold winter nights, we find a simple fix that often you,can resolve easily to save you the frustration of being without heating needlessly.
If possible, please check the following...
- The switch on your thermostat should be in the appropriate “Heat” position. To be certain it is set correctly, switch it “OFF” then back to the desired setting.
- If you have a digital thermostat, change your batteries
- Set the temperature on your heating thermostat a few degrees higher than the current room temperature, wait a few minutes to see if the system responds to the action the thermostat has requested.
- Check your Emergency Switch to be sure it’s in the “ON” position. The plate for this switch, located near your equipment, is typically red in color.
- Locate the circuit breaker for your system. Physically switch the breaker to the “OFF” position and then back “ON”. A circuit breaker can “trip” and appear to be “ON” when in reality it is not!
- Try to remember when you last changed your filter was, if you have a ducted system. Can't change your filter? Call us...
- Has anyone opened the 'door' to the furnace? Be sure it's closed securely
- If not, attempt to close it
Questions? Call us at
Homeowners with medical conditions that require immediate attention, Please call our office directly