Bornstein Sons provides maintenance and repair services
for your Whole House Standby Backup Generator.
|You've made an excellent decision to install a Permanent Emergency Standby Backup Generator.
Your day-to-day activites, comfort and safety are protected.
Now, let's talk about protecting your generator with preventative service.
Bornstein Sons provides Whole House Standby Backup Generator
maintenance and service for New Jersey residents.
Manufacturer's suggest annual inspections and tune-ups for your standby generator
to extend the life of the unit and keep it running so it's ready when you need it.
In addition, oil changes are recommended after the generator has run for 200 hours (that's a little more than 8 days) during periods of power outages, or after the 2nd year anniversary of installation. **If you lose power we suggest you contact us after 4 or 5 days so that we can shut your unit down, perform an oil change and insure your generator is ready to go for an extended period of time.
|| (Does not apply to minimum service charge)
Annual Generator Maintenance
- Inspect oil levels and condition of air filter and oil filter
- Filters will be changed if necessary
- Inspect coolant and anti-freeze levels (when appropriate)
- Inspect cooling system hoses and belts
- Inspect engine heater operation
- Inspect for fuel, oil and coolant leaks
- Inspect air intakes and outlets
- Inspect exhaust system
- Inspect silencer
- Inspect battery charger operation and charge rate
- Inspect transfer switch under load (when possible)
- Inspect battery for output levels, specific gravity and charging circuit
- Inspect starting and electrical system terminals
- Inspect exterior case and structural components
Your Generator should have a Tune-Up
similar to that of your automobile.
In addition to the important
annual generator services,
a professional should:
- Change spark plugs
- Change engine oil, oil filters and fuel filters
Click here to learn about our Generator Maintenance Contract.
Questions? Call us at 1.800.287.6651