Expert NJ Water Heater Repairs by Bornstein Sons
Water Heater Installations - Water Heater Replacements
in northern and northe central NJ.
We're also experienced in the appropriate repairs for all types of water heaters:
Tank Type Water Heaters / Indirect Water Heaters
- Gas/Electric Tank-style
- Indirect Water Heaters
While most people take hot water for granted, we know there is a certain amount of maintenance.
• Keep the space around your water heater clean and free of dirt, boxes, paint cans, aerosol cans, household cleaners and trash.
- It is important to keep the water heater accessible for proper operation and easy maintenance allowing for water heater repairs as needed.
- Check your water heater occasionally to ensure that the temperature dial has not been accidentally lowered or raised
- Be sure you don't store sources of flammable vapors in the same area as your water heater (this includes gasoline, heating oils, lighter fluids, propanes, etc.)
- Keep the top of the water heater clean. The horizontal surface is a collecting place for dust and debris.
- If you notice water dripping on the water heater from any piping, Contact Us to have the leak repaired
Contact Bornstein Sons
when you need to replace your NJ water heater.
The average life of a tank type water heater is approximately 8-12 years. You know it's time to replace your water heater when
• You hear a "popping noise"
• You observe a leak near the water heater
• You run out of hot water sooner
• Your hot water has a rusty appearance
Water heater installations are performed rapidly of course, however we do suggest homeowners be prudent and proactive before the life of a water heater has expired and the water heater is 'past its prime' avoiding an emergency situation in the late evening hours.
The takeaway: Schedule your water heater replacement before your water heater bursts. You'll be glad you did!
Sediment can build up in your water heater over time. It may be time to call your plumbing professional for water heater repairs.