This week the weather is predicted to be bitter freezing cold with temperatures at or near 0 degrees at night!
Here are a few fast tips designed to help you avoid a freeze-up that would ultimately result in no water to a fixture or a burst pipe when temperatures rise.
- Allow water to run in a slow stream from any faucet that is piped on an outside wall or unheated space.
- Drafts at single digit temperatures and lower can cause a pipe to freeze. Running water can prevent freezing.
- Open cabinets under vanities in colder areas of your home so that the warmth of the room will extend to the piping..
- Do not lower or setback the thermostat for your heating system.
- Your boiler or furnace will have to run harder and longer to recover when outside temperatures are frigid and might not catch up to the setting you desire. Don't turn the heat down!
- Have a neighbor or relative check your home if you are a winter snowbird, on vacation or away for business.
- Do you have outside hose faucets? Be sure that you've had your outside hose faucets winterized, turned off and drained.
Live in our service area?
Contact us for service.
Stay warm and safe,
Your friends at