NJ Generator Maintenance Services by Bornstein Sons
Bornstein Sons technicians are Trained Generator Maintenance Experts.
It’s critical to maintain your generator so that it’s ready to operate at a moment's notice.
The manufacturer of your generator suggests that two annual services be performed to keep your generator in optimum condition and, that maintenance and repairs must be performed by trained technicians.
And, when your generator is not working properly or not performing the weekly scheduled test, it may be time for generator repair services.
Our technicians are trained to provide maintenance and service on the following generators:
Here's what's inside Bornstein Sons generator maintenance services:
Our 15 step generator service:
- Inspect oil levels and condition of air filter and oil filter, replacing if needed.
- Inspect coolant and anti-freeze levels (when appropriate)
- Inspect cooling system hoses and belts
- Inspect engine heater operation
- Inspect for fuel, oil and coolant leaks
- Inspect air intakes and outlets
- Inspect exhaust system
- Inspect silencer
- Inspect battery charger operation and charge rate
- Inspect transfer switch under load (when possible)
- Inspect battery for output levels, specific gravity and charging circuit
- Inspect starting and electrical system terminals
- Inspect exterior case and structural components
- Inspect control board
- Check for any warning lights - reset and inform you of any required repair
A second service during the year is recommended. At that service, we perform all of the above services, plus include an oil change, replacing the oil filter as well.
Need Generator Repair Services?
Our trained technicians will be sure your generator
Need Annual Generator Maintenance?
It's critical that your costly generator be ready
Ask about our Generator Maintenance Contracts
Save money on repairs when they're needed! Get priority service
Twice annual maintenance included
(You can request a copy of our maintenance contract when you schedule service or view it in another tab or window here)