The 3 H's of Summer Weather have arrived in New Jersey!
Hazy, Hot and Humid...
Bornstein Sons offers some tips to help you to stay cooler in hot weather!
Did you know that high humidity is really what makes hot weather unbearable?
The higher the relative humidity, the higher the temperature feels.
For example…a 95 degree day might feel like 95 degrees with a humidity level of 30%, but increase the humidity to 65% and you're suffering in what feels like 117 degrees...and that's HOT!
The human body averages in temperature at 98 degrees. As the temperature rises, your body goes into survival mode in an effort to cool off. Sweating, alteration of the amount of blood circulation and increased respiration is the way our body tries to cool off.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Drink plenty of water (caffeine is dehydrating)
- You must hydrate throughout the day!
- Slow down and take it easy
- Place an ice pack or wet towels around your neck if you begin to feel ligh-headed, dizzy, experience a headache, or are extreme fatigued
- Wear light colored clothing
- Avoid the sun in extreme temperatures (and be sure to use sun block!)
- Stay in air conditioned places when possible
These tips are particulary important for older individuals and pets.
Of course we suggest that you have your central air conditioning serviced to ensure it's operating properly iis prudent.
We certainly don't mean to repeat ourselves, but we encourage you to browse through our blog to read several articles we've written about keeping your house cool during extreme weather and helping your air condtioner work better.
If you need service for your air conditioner in NJ, we hope you'll call upon us!