With so many contractors to choose from today, you might find it hard to even begin to find someone trustworthy that you can rely upon. And, why not? Hundreds of so-called professionals are vying for your dollars. In full disclosure we are Contractors in NJ providing Residential, Industrial and Commercial HVAC (Heating and Air Conditioning), Solar, Plumbing, and Electrical Services and Installations. Our years of experience and decades of service (since 1928) have allowed us to compile relevant information in helping you find the right contractor for you!
These tips will help you find someone you can trust:
- Start with referrals from friends, relatives or neighbors. Surely they will have an “A-list” of good references and possibly a list of those to avoid as well.
- Can the company accommodate your busy schedule? Will they bother to locate you via Blackberry, Mobile Phone or Email?
Can you reach them quickly and easily? Do they return phone calls and/ or respond to email?
- Look for Licenses and Certifications. That means that the individual and/or staff have been awarded credentials substantiating a level of excellence.
- Ask the company for references. A reputable contractor will be able to easily provide several strong references for the type of work you’d like to engage his/her services.
- Be sure that the Company has adequate Insurance…for that extra peace of mind. We all need umbrellas when it rains! Ask for a Certificate of Insurance.
- Establish a Relationship with a Contractor and entrust your equipment to his/her care. Create a feeling of friendship so that when the first emergency rears its ugly head, you’ll have someone nearby that truly cares. There’s definitely something to be said about being on a first name basis with the owner of a company that is small enough to know you and large enough to handle your needs. This way you’re not just a “number”, and you and the company both have a vested interest in succeeding.
New Jersey residents...we're at your service!