As temperatures rise, we thought we'd share a few tips to keep your house comfortable on hot days...
As you navigate through your busy week, here's a few tips to keep you house cool. We recently referenced a few tips about helping your AC system out...here are a few reminders! The last thing anyone wants to come home to after a L O N G day is a hot house!
- Keep the drapes, blinds, shades or curtains closed in rooms that receive direct sun
- Try to maintain a steady temperature ... do NOT turn the air conditioning off, your system will only have to work that much harder to bring the temperature down
- It's fine to raise the temperature a few degrees to conserve on energy costs, but don't make your system work harder than it has to
- Be sure your filter has been changed or washed
- Restricted air flow can cause your cooling coil to ice up or freeze up which would necessitate your system being turned off to defrost
- If you have a ducted combination system where you cool your house through the duct system connected to a furnace, be sure you've turned off your humidifier...Humidity is a major factor in discomfort, and the removal of this humidity is part of the air conditioning process!
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated
- Remember your pets, too!