We've mentioned before how important it is to change the disposable filter on your ducted heating and cooling systems.
So, consider this a friendly reminder! CHANGE YOUR FILTERS!
Did you know that over the course of a year the average sized 1,500 square foot residence can accumulate 40 pounds of dust?
Here are a few facts about your ducted system:
- A filter is installed in a filter rack, the purpose...to clean the air that passes through your home
- A clogged or blocked filter makes your furnace work that much harder
- The harder a furnace works, the more energy it uses
- The more energy you use, the more money it costs
SIMPLE MATH: Change your filter at the beginning of every single month during the year if you have a ducted system. Your air will be cleaner, you'll breathe easier and your energy costs will be reduced.
A few hints on replacing your filter....
- Turn the furnace off. Be sure this is done for safety.
- Remove the disposable filter
- Note the air-flow arrow (point it to towards the furnace)
- Be sure you've closed the filter rack/door completely
- Turn the furnace on
You're ready to go! Need service? Contact Us today!
Questions? Ask them here...