Fall is upon us. The leaves are changing, the weather is getting slightly cooler and we're reminded that before we know it, we're going to need to put on a coat and to turn on the heat!
It's time for your annual heating tune-up
Each year the seasons change.... and each year many of our customers call for their annual heating system tune-up. And, here's why you should too...
Picture this... It's September (a little "Golden Girl's" sounding...?) Your furnace, boiler or ductless heating unit sits idly by minding it's own business until one chilly morning you go to fire it up. And often, what happens? It doesn't work!
And so, you kick it, scream at it, and get frustrated because you have a day full of chores and appointments, and the very last thing you want to do is to waste the time staying home waiting for your local heating contractor. Besides, you hadn't budgeted for the cost of this service this month, and frankly, you haven't even thought or cared about it.
This year your head is filled with, besides the every day details of your already over-booked and over-scheduled life, minutia relating to the government, recent weather hazard changes, your family, and other such matters...and truth be told... at the end of the day you hardly have the ambition or the energy to plan out a schedule.
Life just happens...But boiler maintenance and annual furnace maintenance, while not high on your priority list, is important and should not be overlooked.
Here's a short list of reasons you need to schedule your annual tune-up:
- Your heating equipment works more efficiently and thus costs you less in energy when it's "tuned-up".
- Your furnace or boiler will last longer when it's been serviced by a heating professional.
- Did you know that your mechanical equipment can lose 5% of it's efficiency each year? And that lack of efficiency costs you money each and every month in your utility bill.
- Trained technicians can spot small problems during annual tune-ups before they become big issues when service is performed.
- You'll have peace of mind knowing that your heating equipment should serve you well this season unless a heating repair person tells you otherwise.
And so, before you run off to your packed day of "stuff" that must get done. Schedule your tune-up!
Be safe and have a great day :-)