Can you believe it's February already?
Even if your furnace is not your number#1 priority, here are a few reminders.
Although I'm glancing outside to blue skies and temperatures hovering around 60 degrees at this moment (our poor outdoor flowering bulbs will be so confused), the weatherman has predicted snowfall starting after midnight with accumulations of 6-10 inches.
Here are 5 things you should add to your To-Do List:
- Change your filter (if you have a ducted forced air furnace).
- Check the batteries in your digital thermostat and change if necessary.
- Don't have a setback thermostat? Contact us about the installation of a WiFi thermostat with built-in bridge so you can make your home a "Smart Home" adding one item at a time.
- Be sure your registers, returns or baseboard/radiators are not blocked by furniture or draperies which would impact airflow.
- Contact your local heating expert to have your system "tuned-up" for the season if you haven't done so already.
- Review your heating bills. Perhaps, if you system is getting older and you find you're spending more each year on repairs, that it's time to upgrade to newer more efficient heating equipment.
- If so, you can read more about replacement systems here.
And don't forget to sign up for our blog!