NJ Water Heater Repairs and Water Heater Replacements
Bornstein Sons provides prompt water heater repairs and replacements in northern and north central NJ.
We're experienced in the appropriate repairs for all types of water heaters
Tank Type Water Heaters / Indirect Water Heaters
How do you know when it's time to replace your water heater?
The average life of a tank type water heater is approximately 8-11 years. You know it's time to replace your water heater when:
We can replace your water heater quickly; however replacing it before it leaks, avoiding an emergency situation in the late evening hours is wise.
Sediment can build up in your water heater over time. It may be time to call your plumbing professional for water heater repairs.
It may be time for a water heater replacement when:
This often means that the water heater is indeed nearing the end of its useful life, that spending money on costly repairs may no longer make sense and your water heater replacement is indicated.
How old is your water heater?
If you do not know the age of your water heater,
Here are some maintenance tips
- Keep the area around your water heater clean and free of dirt, boxes and flammable substances.
- It is important to keep the water heater accessible for proper operation and easy maintenance allowing
for water heater repairs as needed.
- Check your water heater occasionally to ensure that the temperature dial has not been accidentally lowered or raised.
- Be sure you don't store sources of flammable vapors in the same area as your water heater (this includes gasoline, heating oils, lighter fluids, propanes, etc.).
- Keep the top of the water heater clean. The horizontal surface is a collecting place for dust and debris.
- If you notice water dripping on the water heater from any piping, Contact Us to have the leak repaired.